Vansichen Linear Technology continues to expand its range in the field of components. We developed a tailor-made solution to a customer’s problem, and then discovered it has broader support.
The G-line is a sliding guide and is a derived product of the existing W-line. The W-line has running wheels running on the HIWIN RG rails, the G-line uses sliding elements. These sliding elements are made from “PEEK”, a high-performance plastic. PEEK has a number of impressive qualities:
- It’s operating temperature ranges from -40° to 250° degrees
- The plastic can withstand heavy loads
- It has excellent chemical resistance
- Low expansion coefficient
- High material stiffness coupled with excellent dimensional stability
- Approved for use in the food and pharmaceutical industries
- Ultra-high vacuum applications.
- Applications with heavy contamination
These properties ensure G-line can offer a solution in situations where existing ball or bearing guide systems are insufficient.
An HIWIN module with profile guides – size 30 – was converted into a G guide for a pilot project for the food industry where the ambient temperature can drop to -40°. The module carriages were replaced by PEEK sliding elements.
The external dimensions remained the same as the standard profile guides. The G-line is available for different sizes (from 15 to 65).
For the time being, the G-line is offered on a project/customer-specific basis. For more information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.